We created this section as a guide, it is recommended that you seek a bicycle specialist for final safety check.
1. Where can I download a Northrock Owner's Manual?
Click here to download. Before riding your bicycle we recommend reading the owner's manual.
2. Can I register my bicycle?
For safe keeping, we suggest you record this information in your owner's manual under the "registration information section".
3. What size bike should I purchase?
Determining the correct bike fit or size is important for your comfort and safety while riding. You can find geometry details and height guide under the bicycle detail pages. You can also find out more about proper bike fit by watching our video. We suggest you refer to the Northrock Owner's Manual, Section 1.A Bike Fit.4.Is there a rider weight limit?Rider weight limit is 275 pounds.5.How do I assemble my bicycle?
All Northrock bikes come with a Quick Assembly Guides specific to your model. It is recommended that you read through the Quick Assembly Guide and Owner's Manual prior to assembling you bicycle. Visit theSupport Centerfor additional assistance.
You can also click on your bicycle model from the following list to view more information on assembly.Models:XCF, XC00, XC29, XC27, XCW, CTM, SR1, XJ24 and GS23 models with a threadless stem and disc brakes SC7and CL5 models with a quill stem and linear brakes.6. How do I correctly assemble the pedals to the crank?
Attach right pedal to the drivetrain side (where chain is located), hand-tighten "clockwise" first, then use 15mm wrench included to secure pedal. Attach the left pedal in the same manner, but rotate "counter-clockwise" until tight. To avoid crank arms striping be sure to follow tightening rotation and do a final thorough tight check. Seevideo for best practices.
7. How do I install a kicstand on the SR1, XCF and XC00 model?
A kickstand is included for optional assembly. Many riders may not prefer to use a kickstand for this model type. For XCF and XC00 instructions Click here. For SR1 (road bike) instructions Click here.
8. What is the correct air pressure for my tires? Maintaining the correct air pressure in your tires is important to maintaining the integrity of the tire itself. Size and pressure ratings are marked on the side wall of the tire. Refer to your Northrock Owner's Manual section 4.H Tires and Tubes for additional information. 9. How do I inflate the SR1 tires (presta valves)?SR1 is a road performance bicycle that uses a "presta valve". To inflate the tire, pump needs to be equipped for presta or you can purchase a presta adapter that can be used with a traditional pump. See thisvideoas guidance.
10. What is the size of my tires?Depending on your bicycle model the tire size can vary. Tire dimensions are printed on the sidewall of the tire. We also created this chart for reference.11. What size inner tube do I need for my bicycle? First determine your bicycle model and tire dimensions, click here.Based on your tire dimensions you can purchase from a bicycle store or online. 12. How do I install an inner tube?See our shop talk video on fixing a flat tire. For additional video click here.13. How do I perform a First Ride Check? As a guide, click to see video for applicable model types:
CL5 and SC7 models with a quill stem and linear brakesXCF, XC00, XC29, XC27, XCW, CTM, XJ24 and GS23 models with a threadless stem and disc brakesSRI road bike14. How do I shift?
At Northrock we use a variety of shifters: rapid fire, grip shifters and STI SHIMANO Total Integrated shifters (SR1). For additional information on shifters or to view instructional videos on how to shift properly, click the applicable model below for your shifter type.Rapid Fire Shifters (Models: XC29, XC27, XCF, XC00, XCW, CTM, CL5 and SC7)Grip Shifters (Models: XJ24 and GS24)STI Shifters (Model: SR1)15. When shifting I hear a sound, shifting is not smooth - how do I adjust my derailleur?
In many cases, derailleurs can be adjusted by simply rotating the barrel adjuster. See these videos for: Basic Adjustment. If your bicycle needs further adjustments, we suggest the following: Advance Adjustment.For further repair assistance see the following series on Derailleurs & Shifting. For additional assistance, we suggest that you consult a bicycle specialist for fine tuning. All Northrock bicycles use recognizable, quality components that all bicycle specialists are familiar with. 16. How do I adjust or raise my stem?There are two types of stems: quill and threadless. To adjust a quill stem (Models: CL5 and SC7), click here.
Threadless stems (Models: XC29, XC27, XCF, XC00, XCW, XJ24, GS24 and SR1) are not designed to be adjusted. Do not loosen or remove stem, this may cause damage . In the event that you desire a more upright riding position, you can consult a bicycle specialist who can recommend a 1-1/8" size "mountain bike threadless stem extender riser" or threadless adjustable stem.
17. How to remove play or movement from my headset/ stem?
Click herefor basic steps. Note: Do not remove headset, this may cause damage or parts inside headtube may get lost. For more advance steps see this video. For advance steps see next question.
18. How do I remove or reinstall my threadless headset (we suggest consulting a bicycle specialist)?
If not familiar with headset adjustments, we recommend consulting a bicycle specialist. The following video is a reference for threadless stem removal & installation. In addition, we created this advanced reference guide,click here.
Note: Following models have a "threadless headset": (XCF, XC00, XC27, XC29, XCW, CTM, GS24, XJ24 and SR1)
19. What are the parts for my threadless headset (XCF, XC00, XC27, XC29, XCW, CTM, GS24, XJ24 and SR1)?
Click here for a diagram.20. What is the steerer tube size for threadless headset (XCF, XC00, XC27, XC29, XCW, CTM, GS24, XJ24 and SR1) ?We use a standard 1-1/8" steering column.21. How do I adjust my front fork tension or suspension?
Click herefor SR Suntour user manual. Reference your fork logo for model type. Page 14 provides information on how to adjust a preload. For additional support and service contact SR Suntour.22. How do I replace my Shimano parts (derailleur, shifters, bottom bracket or crank)?
Your bicycle is equipped with higher-grade Shimano parts that are eligible for after market support. Click here for a Shimano dealer.23. How do I adjust my brakes?There are two basic types of brake styles; download disc (rotors) brakesor linear brakes. Following are videos for additional support: Basic Adjustment for disc brakes,Mechanical Disc Brake Alignment.Linear Brakes:Basic Adjustments for linear brakes,linear pull brake service.24. How do I clean and maintain my bike?At Northrock, we recommend that you clean and maintain your bicycle regularly to ensure maximum performance with each ride. To learn more about cleaning and maintaining your bicycle, view thisvideo.25. What to do if you hear a rubbing or squeaking sound from the hub?
Most likley the black rubber dust guard is rubbing against the hub causing this sound. See this short video for guidance or follow these advanced steps. Note: Be sure to use a bicycle lubricant not a silicone base that will cause drying. If needed, this can be easily remedied by a bicycle specialist.26. What are the sizes of my hubs?
Click here to view the hubs for your model.27. Is my bicycle frame equipped with mounts for a rack or child seat?Yes. All Northrock bicycle models are equipped with standard mounts integrated into the frame. As a tip, be sure to do your research with accessory providers. And keep in mind if you decide to use a rear rack with disc brakes, you will need a rack that clears the disc brake. For additional details you can click here.
28. How do I remove or install new grips?Watch this video for tips and best practices.
29. How do I install saddle to seatpost?
Click here for instructions to secture saddle to seatpost.30.How can I transport my bicycle? How do I decide which bike rack is right for me?Transporting your bicycle can open a world of biking opportunities and therefore many riders decide to take their bicycles on the road. Transporting your bicycle safely and effectively is all about choosing a bike rack that is right for you. To learn more about transporting your bicycle and help with deciding which bike rack is best for you click here.31. How do I contact Northrock Bicycles support?
We are here to help. Click here.32. Where can I access additional helpful videos?Click here or visit our YouTubeChannel. We also suggest viewing our component partners videos and websites for additional support.
33. Can I follow Northrock on for updates and helpful bike tips?
For every ride, follow Northrock on Facebook to stay connected.
34. Does Northrock accept payments via PayPal or Venmo?
35. I need additional assistance, what do I do next?
Based on the nature of your request, for addiitonal mechanical expertise beyond what is provided in the support section we suggest to consult a bicycle specialist.